The “Kuwaiti Economic Researcher Prize” aims to encourage the national cadres to undertake scientific research and to motivate them to effectively contribute in developing the Kuwaiti banking and financial business, in a manner that activates scientific research in the financial and banking fields in the State of Kuwait. The award has been offered annually since 2017.
• That the researcher (or researchers in the event of joint research) be Kuwaiti citizens.
• The researcher should not submit more than one research paper in the same year, whether the research was submitted individually or jointly.
• In the event of participation in the Kuwaiti Economic Researcher Award, the researcher is not entitled to apply for the Kuwaiti Economic Student Award.
• The research should be in the Arabic or English language.
• If the research is in English, an executive summary must be submitted in Arabic.
• The research should not exceed 45 pages, except for the tables, the list of references and the attachments.
• That it fulfils the considerations of sober scientific research in terms of its formulation, methods of conclusion, documentation and references.
• The research should be recent and no more than two years should have elapsed since the date of submission.
• The research has not been submitted for consideration previously.
10/ August / 2021: announcing the opening of nominations for the award.
30/ November / 2021: deadline for accepting the participating research.
The ceremony of announcement of results and awarding of prizes will be determined later.
The winning researcher will be granted a financial award of 10,000 Kuwaiti Dinars (Ten Thousand Kuwaiti Dinars), in addition to a souvenir and a certificate of appreciation.
* In the event that a joint research paper wins the prize, the award amount is divided equally among the research participants.
Economic, financial and banking field in the State of Kuwait. For example the following subjects:
First: The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the Kuwaiti economy, especially banks, and ways to successfully overcome the effects and obstacles with minimal losses.
Second: The role of financial rescue packages and monetary policy in restoring and revitalizing the economy, preserving national employment, and developing skills in light of digital transformation and changing business models.
Third: The partial and total effects on different sectors of the economy and ways to support the affected sectors.
Fourth: Means of financing the state’s general budget deficit.
Fifth: The role of the banking system in achieving sustainable financing, increasing banking awareness, banks’ strategies in light of the crisis, and risk management mechanisms in an unprecedented work environment.
The Kuwaiti Economic Researcher Award committee manages the award’s affairs including:
• Receive the research and determine who meets the conditions.
• The committee sets a special criterion for evaluating acceptable research with a relative weight of 20%.
• Coordinating the work of arbitration and monitoring its results.
• Submit arbitration recommendations and results to His Excellency the Governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Banking Studies.
The Kuwaiti Economic Researcher Award Committee, which includes representatives from the Central Bank of Kuwait, the Institute of Banking Studies and Kuwaiti banks, as well as external arbitrators, evaluates the research according to the following:
• 80% of the relative weight of the average results of the evaluation of external arbitrators and that the evaluation results are developed independently and these results are presented to the award committee.
• 20% relative weight of the award committee.
The copyright of the winning research papers shall be transferred to the Institute of Banking Studies, and the institute has the right to publish them in any medium it deems appropriate.